Robbie Rocketpants was a fictional superhero known to the Dwarfers.
Robbie was a Junior Birdman, similar to a Boy Scout, who was rather small and weedy until he touched his magic woggle. This transformed him into a tall, athletic superhero called Robbie Rocketpants who wore jet-powered rocket pants.
The Cat was a fan of Robbie Rocketpants and suggested that the Dwarfers could escape from the Psi Moon by putting on jet-powered rocket pants and flying away. Kryten had to point out that there was no such thing outside the fictional world of Robbie Rocketpants (RD: Terrorform).
In the last issue of the Red Dwarf Smegazine, Robbie appeared on the Psi-moon home of the psychotic penguin mastermind Mr. Flibble to bring him to justice for ruining the moon's happy state. Unfortunately, Flibble was victorious, using Robbie's rocket pants against him.
- Cat: OK, I say let's get into the jet-powered rocket pants and junior birdman the hell outta here!
- Kryten: An excellent and inventive suggestion, Sir, with just two minor drawbacks...
- A - We don't have any jet-powered rocket pants and
- B - There's no such thing as jet-powered rocket pants outside the fictional serial "Robbie Rocketpants".
- Cat: Well that's put a crimp on an otherwise damn fine plan.