Red Dwarf News ArchiveEdit
September 23, 2016
- So yeah, we missed talking about the filming dates of two new series, both the online and broadcast launch of Red Dwarf XI starting with "Twentica", and the online release of the latest episode "Samsara". But we are here now. Yay for us! A major thanks to all of our contributors who were more on the ball than us and have helped keep things rolling in spite of our absence. Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner (talk) 04:32, September 24, 2016 (UTC)
May 2, 2015:
June 18, 2013
- In order to help drum up some more listeners and feedback (through some shameless self-promotion), the admins would like to invite you to check out a free content Red Dwarf-inspired web audio comedy of our own devising called Space Rover. Please tell us what you think! Technopeasant (talk) 23:22, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
January 8, 2013
November 19, 2012
- The DVD and Blu-ray releases of Series X should now be available in Region 2. The official Red Dwarf website lists several services where the disks can be purchased by British fans, so get grabbing people! Australian and NZ fans need to wait until December 12 (although the series is currently playing on broadcaster ABC), while us in Region 1 will have to wait to get the series on disk in January. Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner (talk) 18:58, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
November 8, 2012
November 1, 2012
October 25, 2012
October 18, 2012
October 11, 2012
October 4, 2012
January 7, 2012
- Perhaps I should pay more attention, but anyhow - Series X has been filming and all that good stuff. Look into it, either from the official source, the somewhat unofficial source or from the soulless propagandists who work in the mainstream press! I just read everything I should have read over six weeks in two hours and my head hurts! And my hope swells. Also, see the new set picture! Technopeasant 09:42, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
November 4, 2011
- Pre-production has begun for Series X, with filming over the next three months - and broadcast next September. Although about a year is a long time to wait, we will now be inundated with the plethora of rumours, speculation and japery of modern digital age television production. See the good folks at Ganymede & Titan for all of that, or if you wish to stay to the straight and narrow get your fix at the official Red Dwarf website! Technopeasant 05:58, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
January 26, 2011
- After many months of speculation, it has now been confirmed by several members of the cast that a new series of Red Dwarf has been commissioned. Speaking on BBC Radio 2, Craig Charles confirmed that two new series were being produced, and that filming begins in November 2011. On January 21, 2011 it was confirmed that a new series will be filmed in late 2011 to be broadcast in 2012 on the digital channel Dave.
October 6, 2009
June 15, 2009
April 12, 2009
- The third and final part of "Back to Earth" was aired on Dave, full plot description and continuity details are available in its article.
April 11, 2009
- Part two of "Back to Earth" was aired on Dave, full plot description and continuity details are available in its article.
April 10, 2009
- Part one of "Back to Earth" was aired on Dave, full plot description and continuity details are available in its article.
March 14, 2009
- Production is currently being undergone on a new three part Red Dwarf special, as well as an additional "Making Of" episode, for the UK television channel Dave. The special is called "Back to Earth" and the story is set nine years after the end of "Only the Good...", and is supposed to bring the crew back to their home planet, Lister's goal since Series I. It is to show the return of Lister, Kryten, Rimmer and the Cat as well as a new character named Katerina, a Red Dwarf science officer out to replace Rimmer. This is the first batch of new Red Dwarf episodes in almost ten years.
January 8, 2007
- Red Dwarf's own Danny John-Jules has a new kids show on BBC One! The show is titled M.I. High. The show is a children's adventure series following a group of inner-city high school kids who work as undercover spies. Danny plays MI9 agent Lenny Bicknall, the school's caretaker and leader of the spy team. The series' first episode had a guest appearance by Robert Llewellyn! The show is broadcast weekly on Mondays. For more info visit the show's official webpage.
January 5, 2007
December 26, 2006
- Fat, a novel by Rob Grant is released. According to the official site the book tells three parallel stories along the titular theme. Grenville is a man who struggles to get in and out of phone boxes, Hayleigh's a teenage girl who can't stomach eating, and PR man Jeremy Slank is about to get a wake-up call about what science is really telling us about obesity. Look for the book in stores everywhere!